Pages

Saturday, 2 April 2011

Brauerei Simon - Spezial

A bottle I picked up in Nuremberg back in February from a store called Hofladen in Nuremberg city centre, interesting store stocking produce only from the German state of Bavaria. I was quite surprised as to what is produced in this area Wines, Sprits and even some very nice Cheese and like the trend in the UK the shop assistant told me that recently there are many more new producers in the area and are promoting customers to buy more local produce in the stores.

Brauerei Simon is in Baveria in a town called Lauf an der Pegnitz around 20 Km East from Nuremburg, the brewery as been around 100 years and brew 3 types the most popular for its Weissbier 5.4% and a Schwarze Kuni 7% which is a strong dark wheat beer.

I picked up a bottle of the Spezial, well I wasn't going to go for any thing less. Poured a chestnut brown could call it Maroon even with a good cream coloured head. You instantly get hit with Sweet roasted malt even I thought burnt bread. Tastes quite creamy with a lot of Caramel and generous hoppiness but its bit too sweet for me. Going by the name Spezial was hoping for something more maybe a little roasty even stronger.

My Rating:
Spezial- Brauerei Simon (5.4%) - 5/10

If you would like to find out more do check out the company website and more info on Hofladen on the store website too.


Wikio

No comments:

Post a Comment