Pages

Thursday, 7 April 2011

Ramsgate Brewery - Gadd's Black Pearl Oyster Stout





This is a beer I’ve been wanting to taste for a while now so I was made up when a mate of mine handed this bottle to me, I’m not a huge fan of dark beers don't know why! But over the last few months I have started to experiment (on beer) and being frank it’s a beer style I can get quite used too.

Well this tasty beverage is by Ramsgate Brewery from Broadstairs in Kent and offers both draught and in bottles, started off brewing in the back of a pub in 2002 and now offers these award-winning beers from larger and modern premises. Amongst its much-deserved awards they have won Best Kent Brewery 2007, Best Kentish Beer 2008 and Best Kentish Beer 2009 and i'm sure there are more to come.

Pours a pitch black with a light tan head, aromas of dark fruits, Cocoa and roasted dark malts. There are hints of milk chocolate in the taste and the dark fruits; cocoa and even hints of tobacco are very well balanced and delightful on the tongue. The mouthful is very warming and soothing down my throat with a dry bitter hoppiness aftertaste and after a few mouthfuls I pick up a little salt but not in a bad way. Very nice indeed.

My Rating:
Ramsgate Brewery - Gadd's Black Pearl Oyster Stout (6.2%) - 8/10

If you would like to find out more do check out the company website and more info on Breezy Broadstairs which is a very nice town on the Kent coast at which I spent many happy family day outs as a kid and still remember the picnics with cans of Tizer with my mums spicy Aloo Paratha's mmmmm. 





Wikio

No comments:

Post a Comment