Pages

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Coconut Porter in a can by Maui Brewing Co Hawaii

Now this beer over the last couple of weeks has been the topic of conversation with Twitters beer community especially with one online retailer (you know who you are) who must have sold out 10 times over with his numerous plugs. This interest also got my attention and on my weekly visit to Utobeer in Borough market South London I picked up a couple of cans, the young chap at the till suggested I also take a can of the breweries other beer called Big Swell IPA which I did and will post about another time.

Maui Brewing Company is located on the island of Maui Hawaii; just hearing that sounds so cool a brewery in Hawaii beats Derby any day. These guys started brewing handcrafted ales in 2005 based in Lahaina on Highway #55 they also own a brewpub in the same town at highway #217, the guys here brew 5 canned beers and around a dozen available on tap. It’s currently the only microbrewery on the island and no surprise it’s the islands fastest growing company.

Pours very dark brown you could say black with light fluffy tan head and you get a huge amount of coconut and sugar instantly on the nose. Aroma of malt and chocolate. Flavour smooth with malt, chocolate, yep coconut and some nuttiness the aftertaste is nice and heavy with coconut and vanilla. What I like is how smooth and silky the mouthful is, it’s incredible well balanced plus its low ABV not what you would expect from a beer of this style.



My Rating:
Coconut Porter - Maui Brewing Co (5.7%) 8/10




I'm told 1 can, Calories: 180, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 24g, Protein: 1g if that helps anyone, cracking website and yep these guys are on Twitter @MauiBrewingCo

I found this video on the brewery canning this brew check it out:

Before i forget you can buy these beers in the UK via @AlesbyMail ..............You owe me a beer now Paul :)

Wikio

No comments:

Post a Comment